August 9, 2022 Roberto Puzzanghera 83 comments
- Inter7's original page
- Combined patch v. 2022.08.09
- More info here
Vpopmail provides an easy way to manage virtual email domains and non /etc/passwd email accounts on your mail servers.
The purpose of this note is to show how to use
Mysql as the authentication system. Having a users database also offers the advantage of communicating with the database via
PHP, and creating web-based user interfaces to manage accounts.
The patch we'll apply is the result of the following bunch of patches:
- sql-aliasdomains patch, which makes
vpopmailsave the aliasdomains to
MySQL. This makes the
dovecotsql auth driver aware of the aliasdomains, provided that you modify the sql query as well (see the
dovecotpage for more info).
- defaultdelivery patch, which makes
vpopmailto copy your favourite delivery agent (stored in QMAILDIR/control/defauldelivery) into the .qmail-default file of any newly created domain, overriding the default
vpopmail's behaviour, where
vpopmailcopies its delivery agent
vdelivermail. You have to configure with
--enable-defaultdeliveryto enable this.
If the functionality is disabled (
--disable-defaultdelivery, which is the default option)
vdelivermailis installed with the "delete" option instead of "bounce-no-mailbox", which is not reasonable anymore.
- dovecot-sql-procedures patch
If you want to use the
dovecot's sql auth driver with one table for each domain (
--disable-many-domains) you have to heavily customize your queries to the sql database. With this patch
vpopmailinstalls the sql procedures and functions in the database when you create a new domain. The procedures can be called by
dovecotto perform the auth.
The sql stuff supports aliasdomains and
mysqllimits and will be loaded from
~/vpopmail/etc/disable-many-domains_procedures.sql.You can customize the sql procedure editing this file.
You have to configure with
--enable-mysql-bin=PATHas we have to install the procedures calling the
mysqlbin as a shell command (no way to load an sql query from a file in C language, comments welcome).
- vusaged configure patch
It seems that at least on Debian 11
vusagedrefuses to run the configure successfully, as the
mysqllibraries are not linked (
configure: error: No vauth_getpw in libvpopmail). After some inspection, I noticed that avoiding the break of the configure command, the following make command will find
libmysqlclientand compile with no problems, and the program works as expected.
autoreconf -f -iinto the
vusageddirectory is needed before configuring, as the
configure.acscript was modified.
- recipient check patch. It can be used with Erwin Hoffmann's s/qmail to accomplish the recipient check. Not important in my installation, look at doc/README.vrcptcheck for more info.
- gcc-10-compat patch, which gets vpopmail to compile with
August 8, 2022 Roberto Puzzanghera 26 comments
- Official repository: http://plugins.roundcube.net/
My enabled plugins are (at the moment):
- Password, to change the user's password
- ManageSieve, which writes sieve scripts to filter the incoming mails (reject, move to specific folders etc.). Note that in order to use it you must have Dovecot managesieve enabled.
- SpamAssassin User Prefs SQL (sauserprefs), which writes the spamassassin user preferences in the DB. The user will be allowed to create a black/white list, to adjust the required_score and so on.
- MarkAsJunk. You can add the sender's email address to the blacklist, or run a command such as sa_learn. Requires sauprefs.
- ContextMenu. Adds context menus to the message list, folder list and address book. Menu includes the abilities mark messages as read/unread, delete, reply and forward.
- Newmail notifier. can notify new mail focusing browser window and changing favicon, playing a sound and displaying desktop notification (using webkitNotifications feature).
- Persistent login, which provides a "Keep me logged in" aka "Remember Me" functionality for Roundcube.
- ZipDownload, which adds an option to download all attachments to a message in one zip file, when a message has multiple attachments.
- enigma adds support for viewing and sending of signed and encrypted messages in PGP (RFC 2440) and PGP/MIME (RFC 3156) format
- swipe, which adds left/right/down swipe actions to entries in the the message list on touch devices (tables/phones).
Other plugins that I have used in the past for which the old documentation might not be valid anymore
- autologon. Autologin from external Site e.g. (CMS, Portal ...)
- logout redirect. Modified version to only redirect to the homepage (depending on the domain part of the default identity)
- rcguard. This plugin logs failed login attempts and requires users to go through a reCAPTCHA verification process when the number of failed attempts go too high.
- carddav. CardDav client. You can sync your addressbook against a CardDav server like nextcloud or SoGO.
- quickrules (abandoned project). Adds a button to the message list to allow the quick creation of rules in the SieveRules plugin. Information from selected emails is used to prefile the new rule form.
May 9, 2022 Roberto Puzzanghera 3 comments
- More info: http://www.fehcom.de/ipnet/ucspi-ssl.html
- Download from: http://www.fehcom.de/ipnet/ucspi-ssl/ucspi-ssl-0.12.3.tgz
- Author: Erwin Hoffmann
- Version: 0.12.3
sslserver, sslclient, and sslhandle are command-line tools for building SSL client-server applications.
sslserver listens for IPv6 and/or IPv4 connections, and runs a program for each connection it accepts. The program environment includes variables that hold the local and remote host names, IP addresses, and port numbers. sslserver offers a concurrency limit on acceptance of new connections, and selective handling of connections based on client identity supporting CIDR IP address notation. sslserver supports STARTTLS and STLS.
sslclient requests a connection to either a IPv6 or IPv4 TCP sockets, and runs a program. The program environment includes the same variables as for sslserver.
sslhandle is a pre-forking sslserver; though without STARTTLS/STLS capabilities.
sslserver we can have a secure connection on port 465 to receive our emails.
You have already installed
fehQlibs, which are supplementary C libraries needed for
tar xzf /usr/local/src/ucspi-ssl-0.12.3.tgz cd host/superscript.com/net/ucspi-ssl-0.12.3 ./package/install
The configuration of the supervise script for
qmail-smtps is inside the configuration page.
April 21, 2022 Roberto Puzzanghera 0 comments
Solr is a Lucene indexing server.
Dovecot communicates to it using
HTTP/XML queries. With this indexing server, you can do text searches in your emails.
Solr is a
java servlet which requires
openjdk v. 8 or later. Be sure that you have the
java binary in you path and that you have defined the variable
JAVA_HOME, for example
Download the binary version of
Solr and install
cd /usr/local/src wget https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/8.11.1/solr-8.11.1.tgz?action=download -O solr-8.11.1.tgz
Extract the installer from the archive and run it. The installer will work for most
Linux distributions based on
tar xzf solr-8.11.1.tgz solr-8.11.1/bin/install_solr_service.sh --strip-components=2 sudo bash ./install_solr_service.sh solr-8.11.1.tgz
The server will be launched by
systemd at boot time.