August 8, 2022 Roberto Puzzanghera 26 comments
- Official repository: http://plugins.roundcube.net/
My enabled plugins are (at the moment):
- Password, to change the user's password
- ManageSieve, which writes sieve scripts to filter the incoming mails (reject, move to specific folders etc.). Note that in order to use it you must have Dovecot managesieve enabled.
- SpamAssassin User Prefs SQL (sauserprefs), which writes the spamassassin user preferences in the DB. The user will be allowed to create a black/white list, to adjust the required_score and so on.
- MarkAsJunk. You can add the sender's email address to the blacklist, or run a command such as sa_learn. Requires sauprefs.
- ContextMenu. Adds context menus to the message list, folder list and address book. Menu includes the abilities mark messages as read/unread, delete, reply and forward.
- Newmail notifier. can notify new mail focusing browser window and changing favicon, playing a sound and displaying desktop notification (using webkitNotifications feature).
- Persistent login, which provides a "Keep me logged in" aka "Remember Me" functionality for Roundcube.
- ZipDownload, which adds an option to download all attachments to a message in one zip file, when a message has multiple attachments.
- enigma adds support for viewing and sending of signed and encrypted messages in PGP (RFC 2440) and PGP/MIME (RFC 3156) format
- swipe, which adds left/right/down swipe actions to entries in the the message list on touch devices (tables/phones).
Other plugins that I have used in the past for which the old documentation might not be valid anymore
- autologon. Autologin from external Site e.g. (CMS, Portal ...)
- logout redirect. Modified version to only redirect to the homepage (depending on the domain part of the default identity)
- rcguard. This plugin logs failed login attempts and requires users to go through a reCAPTCHA verification process when the number of failed attempts go too high.
- carddav. CardDav client. You can sync your addressbook against a CardDav server like nextcloud or SoGO.
- quickrules (abandoned project). Adds a button to the message list to allow the quick creation of rules in the SieveRules plugin. Information from selected emails is used to prefile the new rule form.
August 8, 2022 Roberto Puzzanghera 87 comments
- Author: Inter7
- Version: 1.2.16
- Download the sources from http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmailadmin/files/
- Combined patch v. 2022.08.08
qmailAdmin is a free software package that provides a web interface for managing a qmail system with virtual domains. It provides admin for adding/deleting users, Aliases, Forwards, Mailing lists and Autoresponders.
Combined patch details
- qmailadmin-skin, a patch that I created during covid-19 spare time, provides a new responsive skin to the control panel. It modifies everything under the html dir and many .c files in order to adjust the html embedded into the source files. Added a stylesheet style.css in the images folder and a couple of png files for the qmail logo. It should be much easier to modify the
qmailadmin's skin from now on.
- A patch to call
cracklibin order to check for the password strenght. This should avoid unsafe accounts created by domain administrators such as "test 123456".
- A nice patch (thanks to Tony, original author unknown) which gets
qmailadminto have authentication failures logged. This makes possible to ban malicious IPs via
fail2ban. It is required to create the log file
/var/log/qma-auth.loginitially and assign write priviledges to
- ezmlm-idx 7 compatibility patch (author unknown), which restores the compatibility with
ezmlm-idx-7(thanks to J.D. Trolinger for the advice).
- a fix to the catchall account (thanks to Luca Franceschini).
- another fix to autorespond.c to correct the way
.qmailfiles are modified
May 9, 2022 Roberto Puzzanghera 0 comments
- More info: http://www.fehcom.de/ipnet/ucspi-ssl.html
- Download from: http://www.fehcom.de/ipnet/ucspi-ssl/ucspi-ssl-0.12.3.tgz
- Author: Erwin Hoffmann
- Version: 0.12.3
sslserver, sslclient, and sslhandle are command-line tools for building SSL client-server applications.
sslserver listens for IPv6 and/or IPv4 connections, and runs a program for each connection it accepts. The program environment includes variables that hold the local and remote host names, IP addresses, and port numbers. sslserver offers a concurrency limit on acceptance of new connections, and selective handling of connections based on client identity supporting CIDR IP address notation. sslserver supports STARTTLS and STLS.
sslclient requests a connection to either a IPv6 or IPv4 TCP sockets, and runs a program. The program environment includes the same variables as for sslserver.
sslhandle is a pre-forking sslserver; though without STARTTLS/STLS capabilities.
sslserver we can have a secure connection on port 465 to receive our emails.
You already installed
fehQlibs, which are supplementary C libraries needed for
tar xzf /usr/local/src/ucspi-ssl-0.12.3.tgz cd host/superscript.com/net/ucspi-ssl-0.12.3 ./package/install
The configuration of the supervise script for
qmail-smtps is inside the configuration page.
April 21, 2022 Roberto Puzzanghera 0 comments
Solr is a Lucene indexing server.
Dovecot communicates to it using
HTTP/XML queries. With this indexing server, you can do text searches in your emails.
Solr is a
java servlet which requires
openjdk v. 8 or later. Be sure that you have the
java binary in you path, for example
Download the binary version of
Solr and install
cd /usr/local/src wget https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/8.11.1/solr-8.11.1.tgz?action=download -O solr-8.11.1.tgz
Extract the installer from the archive and run it. The installer will work for most
Linux distributions based on
tar xzf solr-8.11.1.tgz solr-8.11.1/bin/install_solr_service.sh --strip-components=2 sudo bash ./install_solr_service.sh solr-8.11.1.tgz
The server will be launched by
systemd at boot time.